Medal for 50 Years of Service
The Mayor’s Long Service Medal was inaugurated by the late Alderman Thomas Sturge Cotterell MBE JP during his Mayoral Year in 1930 for presentation to employees completing 50 years of continuous service (apart from War service) with the same Bath firm. To date, over 820 medals have been presented.
Badge for 40 Years of Service
In 2004 the Charter Trustees amended the original scheme so employees completing 40 years continuous service with the same Bath firm could receive recognition. A Badge and certificate are presented in this instance.
Information for Employers
Employers should write to the Mayor’s Office, giving details of the employee(s) service for consideration for the above. If they qualify, the Mayor will make the presentation in the Mayor’s Parlour and representatives from the firm and also the recipient’s family will be invited to this special occasion.
- Full name of employee
- Actual starting date of employment
- Confirmation that the service has been continuous in Bath, name of firm
- Date of completion of 40/50 years service
- Brief details of position(s) held at firm
- Details of retirement date (or whether service is continuing)
- Home address (for congratulatory letter and invitation to Presentation Ceremony)